This course is delivered face-2-face in Brisbane or via Zoom Virtual Classroom. It can be completed independently or as part of the BRCGS Professional Qualification.
BRCGS Professional is a learning program which will give you international recognition for the key skills and knowledge essential for product safety management. By gaining this qualification you will be well-equipped to manage any Standard in your business - including those recognised by Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) - and able to implement or manage product safety systems.
The purpose of this training is to provide manufacturers with an in-depth and practical understanding of Vulnerability Assessment for Food Fraud tools and techniquies, and how they can be applied in a practical manner relevant to the delegate's industry sector. This is especially helpful when implementing some of the requirements in the BRC Global Standards.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- understand vulnerability assessment requirement for BRCGS
- understand what is meant by the term food fraud
- understand procedures and processes required for the identification and mitigation of the risk of substitution or adulteration to raw material in the supply chain
- know the difference between vulnerability assessment, threat analysis critical control point and food defense
- understand the raw materials most vulnerable to food fraud
Prior to the course delegates should have read and reviewed the latest version of the Global Standard for Food Safety.
Delegates will need to complete Vulnerability Assessment in the Workplace which will need to be submitted to BRCGS Educate.
DURATION: 1 day
To complete the Professional programme, you need to complete the following:
ONE of the following BRCGS Standards courses:
- Site Training (2 days)
- Lead Auditor course (5 days)
- Auditor Training (3 days)
- Conversion courses from previous Standard
PLUS ONE of the following Hazard and Risk Management courses (RPL considered):
- HACCP course (2 days)
- Hazard analysis risk assessment course (HARA 2 days)
- HARPC course (2 days)
- FSPCA PCQ/FSMA course (2.5 days)
PLUS THREE of the following 1-day Product Safety Management courses:
- Risk Assessment Course
- Root Cause Analysis Course
- Validation and Verification Course
- Vulnerability Assessment for Food Fraud
On successful completion of the required courses, you will be awarded with BRC Global Standards Professional certificate and an electronic open badge for use on emails and LinkedIn.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- quality and safety management staff at manufacturing, storage and distribution and retail sites
- auditors and consultants*
Post course assignment
*Auditors and Consultants are welcome to complete the course but are not eligible for the BRCGS Professional Qualification